Thursday, August 13, 2009

Welcome Back!

Hello Fellow Ducks!

   My name is Alex Horwitch and I am this year's Pit Crew President. I, as all of you are, am very excited for a successful year in Oregon Athletics and see great things happening for both our athletes and our student section. 

   The Ducks were recently featured on the cover of Sports Illustrated and named "BCS Party Crashers." I hope to see a packed Autzen, loud as ever, starting from opening day vs. Purdue. And while football season is right around the corner, we are eagerly anticipating the beginning of basketball season, the final year at The Pit! The shirts are currently being designed and reviewed and should be finalized soon.

   My goal is simple. I want Oregon to be the most feared fan base in the country. To make this happen, we will need the support of every fan who attends games. Every section filled with students should be loud and intimidating from the first minute to the last. Kickoff to whistle, tipoff to buzzer, first pitch to last out. Our teams have the ability, but with a strong fan base behind them, they can go the distance!

Thank you all so much for all your support and I can't wait for a very successful year in Oregon Athletics.

    Go Ducks,
      Alex Horwitch
      Pit Crew President

No comments: